Five Keys to Overcoming Fear of Man
You know the thoughts. “I want to share my faith in Jesus with this person, but what if they get mad? I wish I had the boldness to lay hands on on that woman, but what will she think if she is not healed? I have to do what he wants me to do, or I will lose him!” It is a rare person who has not experienced fear of man at some time.
Saul was a man who was driven by fear of man. When there was a need for a sacrifice to be offered, Saul offered it instead of waiting for the one God had appointed for this task, Samuel, to come. The reason he gave for doing this is insightful.
I Samuel 13:11, 12 “Samuel said, What have you done? Saul said, ‘Because I saw that the people were scattering from me, and that you did not come within the days appointed, and that the Philistines were assembled at Michmash, I thought, The Philistines will come down now upon me to Gilgal, and I have not made supplication to the Lord. So I forced myself to offer a burnt offering.'”
He did it because he did not want the people to scatter from him! The truth is that what you compromise to get or to keep, you will eventually lose. His actions, and others like this, cost him the kingdom.
How many pastors have refused to speak the truth of God’s Word because it would mean that people would leave his or her church? How many people have been lost because believers were afraid of rejection if they shared their faith? How many people have not been healed because someone was afraid of failure?
Then there was David. God called him a “man after God’s own heart.” David, although not perfect, generally obeyed God regardless of the reaction of others or the cost to himself. When he could have killed Saul, and seized the kingdom, he did not. What he refused to compromise to take, the Lord freely gave him.
What were the things that caused David to walk free from fear of man? How can YOU walk out of this great trap to the believer?
1. Get to know God in all his wisdom, love, and power. David had an advantage over Saul. He spent many, many hours with the Lord as he watched his father’s sheep. As he got to really know God, he recorded his thoughts in the Psalms. Spend much time in worship, in the Word, and receiving ministry through the laying on of hands. As you do, you will come to know that He is GOOD. His love for you endures forever. You can trust that He has good plans for you. You have no need to compromise or to manipulate others to get what you want. You have a FATHER.
You Will Love the Encouraging Words (Just Like This) That Are Sent to Your Inbox Every Day
Join over 50,000 Email Subscribers. Our heart is to uplift, challenge and encourage the body of Christ EVERYDAY. Fuel for growth in your spiritual life! Get articles just like these in your inbox daily.
We value your privacy and would never spam you
2. Purposely make God your protector and provider. In Psalm 46:1, David declared God to be his refuge and strength. Make a firm decision that all of your trust will be in this Father who loves you and adores you.
3. Purposely give Him your life. David chose to be completely surrendered to God, regardless of the consequences. Tell Him that you are giving Him your ALL. You can trust this One who loved you so much that He laid down His life for you. He will more than recompense you in eternity for any losses during this lifetime.
4. Recount His great works in your life. When David was faced with Goliath, he recounted what the Lord had done through him while in the wilderness watching the sheep. Hadn’t He enabled him to kill a lion and a bear? Would He not also be faithful when faced with the giant? David did not compromise with Saul’s armor. He confidently went against the enemy with what the Lord had given and taught him.
When fear seems to try to come to control your actions, remember how faithful the Lord has been in the past. Write down His marvelous works for you and in you. Read them over often.
5. Get your identity from Him, not from the opinions and reactions of others. Saul constantly wanted to be affirmed before the people. His identity came from them. David’s identity came in his relationship to God.
Let me remind you that YOU are in Christ. You are accepted in the Beloved. You are a son or daughter of God. You will rule and reign with Him through all eternity, as you are faithful. You are more than a conqueror. What does it really matter what people think????
As Saul chose to constantly protect self, he became more and more cowardly. As David chose to please God alone out of a trusting relationship with Him, there was no room for insecurity, and he was bold as a lion. You can have the same experience. Perhaps you are not there yet. Yet, you are on a journey. DON’T STOP!
A WORD FOR YOU TODAY!
A word by Joel Yount:
Several years ago while walking at a park an Eagle had flown right over me carrying what looked like a dead snake. The one thing that amazed me was how low the Eagle was flying as it flew above me. It was as if God was highlighting this occurrence that I had never experienced before.
Before seeing the Eagle and the snake, I had been walking around the park praying and declaring scriptures for breakthrough regarding a situation. Leading up to this time, it seemed as if there was an escalated season of attack from the enemy as someone had attempted to shut the Spirit Fuel website down. However, God stepped in and the individual responsible for that attempt did not succeed. Praise God!
Pay Attention To Signs God Reveals To You
God had stepped in many ways in only he could do. The escalated attacks had ceased. The Lord revealed to me that the Eagle had represented His power and protection coming down and taking the enemy (the snake) out of his place.
The Lord instructed me to send this testimony out today because He wants to remind many of you that nothing is hard for Him. He will send signs in the natural that relate to what is going on in the supernatural.
The prayers and declarations of saying scripture out loud at the park had activated something in the Spirit realm I believe. One important action I had taken before this event was sowing several seeds into different ministries. This act stretched my faith. When I saw what God did and how he turned the enemy’s plans upside down I was amazed. God is turning the enemy’s plans upside down in your own life today! Do something in the natural to activate the supernatural in your life today.
Right now I encourage you to sow a seed of $50, $25, $100, or $500 into Spirit Fuel and name it “Breakthrough” as an act of faith. By sowing a seed today into Spirit Fuel, you will be helping to reach more people on the internet for the Kingdom of God. It takes a dedicated team and resources to maintain the Spirit Fuel platform.
If you prefer to mail in your contribution, please send a check to the following mailing address:
Spirit Fuel, P.O. Box 2134 Lake City, Florida 32055
Your contribution is a love-gift to Spirit Fueled, LLC and is not considered a payment for services, or a charitable contribution. The ministry is not a non-profit organization and therefore all gifts are not tax deductible. Thank you for your support.